Autism Awareness Month is a time to educate our community about autism and Light It Up Blue! Spreading autism awareness wherever and whenever we can—it’s our way to celebrate April and our little clients with autism. Our salons promote inclusion and acceptance in the salon chair and beyond. We want every child’s experience on their haircut adventure to be ha-ha-happy!
Sunday, April 2, 2017 – World Autism Day
Every April our salons Light It Up Blue for autism awareness. We begin our month-long campaign each year on April 2, World Autism Day – when landmarks around the world Light It Up Blue to support, educate, advocate and accept our tiny clients with all forms of autism and sensory disorders.
Snip-its Light It Up Blue Campaign for Autism Awareness
Each April our salons get decked out in blue, all month long. Our goal is to celebrate and embrace our Always Unique, Totally Intelligent, Sometimes Mysterious kiddos and their families. Snip-its stylists are experts in kid’s hair. They are also experts in cutting the hair of our clients with autism. Our stylists go through certification. Each stylist can tell you just how much that means to our families with autism. In April, our trained stylists and our salons wear blue to show their support.
Snip-its Autism Support
If you have a little kiddo with autism or other special needs looking for a safe, fun environment for a haircut, then please:
- Go to the Autism Awareness section of our website .
- Watch the following videos on our website: Autism Haircutting Tips from Snip-its and the Snip-its Mikey Hartwell Story.
- Download our Snip-its & Autism Speaks Haircutting Training Guide
- Talk to your local Snip-its salon manager and set up a time to stop by so your kiddo can get acquainted with the environment.
- Set up a pre-visit with a stylist to discuss sensitivities your little one might have by calling your local Snip-its.
- Call your local Snip-its to get an appointment when the salon is less crowded.
- Check out this recent news segment originally featured on KING 5 in Seattle, featuring Snip-its Bellevue and our client, Paige.
Join us by coming into your local Snip-its in April and help us Light It Up Blue by raising support for autism awareness! We are happy to help you show your support with any number of blue-themed services like a mini mani/pedi, hair tinsel and colored hair streaks. #WeSpeakKid and we support families with autism. We want every child to have fun and enjoy their haircut experience. It’s what we do and why we do it!