We are in the middle of all things summer: Warm, sunny days, ice cream cones and outdoor playtime! But summer heat can damage our kiddos’ tresses and chlorine can turn their hair green. We are here to your rescue with some simple summer styling tips and fantastic styles for your little ones!
Summer Styling – All About Braids
Not only are braids a hot trend this season, but they also help keep your tiny tots cool in the hot summer sun. Casual braids, ponytails and buns give hair a break from those harsh, summer rays.
Try these adorable, kid-friendly braids this summer:
- Loose braid – Douse the hair with Snip-its Morning Miracle Mousse Spray to add the right amount of grip to make this loose, low plait stay in place.
- Side braid – pull this braid over to one side, also with Snip-its Morning Miracle Mousse Spray. If your kiddo’s locks have layers, try twisting the wispy pieces on the non-braided side across the nape of her neck first, pinning as you go. Then accomplish the braid.
- Crown braid – a summer-hair staple. The trick is to start 2” back from the hairline, to make it less severe. Use Tangle Tamer Detangling Spray for ease of braiding and conditioning protection against the sun and heat.
- Braided Pigtails – This tried and true childhood favorite worked for you as a kid. It will also look great on your little one. Add some cool kid twists and flair for an updated look that’s on trend and summer savvy. Finish with Snip-its Funny Frizz Fix’r Smoothie Crème for no-frizz perfection.
Summer Styling – Hats and Scarves
If your kiddos are spending long days in the sun this summer, try applying Snip-its Tangle Tamer. It will help keep skin and hair moisturized. Cover their scalp with a hat or scarf or extra protection.
Get a Trim at Snip-its
Stop into Snip-its for a haircut—or just a clean-up—to get rid of dry, damaged ends. Hair grows faster and healthier with frequent haircuts. Snipping the ends creates strength whilst reducing frizz and cowlicks.
Summer Styling – Snip-its Hair Care Cure
A few items to consider from our Snip-its Hair Care line this summer to help keep those styles fresh and healthy.
- Tangle Buster – shampooing less in the summer is a great healthy hair tip, but using a gentle, sulfate-free cleanser like our detangling shampoo will help fight against parched scalps and strands.
- Swimmer’s Solution – our clarifying shampoo is perfect for removing chlorine, hard water, mineral and medication residue. Leaves hair feeling soft, not stringy. This one purifies without stripping natural oils.
- No Yellin’ Melon – our daily moisture conditioner is light enough for all hair types and the best way to combat the summer moisture damage from going in and out of air conditioning all day.
- Tangle Tamer – protect those tresses all day long with this leave in detangling spray and fight against snarls and knots that may happen during summer play.
Treat your tiny tot’s tresses with our Swimmer’s Duo prescription during the summertime. Available for a limited time at most Snip-its locations, it includes both the Swimmer’s Solution Clarifying Shampoo and No Yellin’ Melon Crème Conditioner.