Snip-its Haircuts for Kids is currently accepting applications for Receptionist / Stylist in Training at our salon located in East Northport, NY.
Snip-its Haircuts for Kids in East Northport, NY is seeking a receptionist / salon assistant, who has excellent communication and customer service skills, is outgoing and friendly, and organized and is in Cosmetology school and looking for a place for training and learning the ropes of a salon business.
Snip-its is a leading kids’ salon franchise with 50 locations throughout the United States that has been operating for more than 25 years! Our fully equipped salons cater to families with children and provide a fun, safe, and exciting hair cutting and styling experience for boys and girls ages 6 months to 12 years old. At Snip-its, team members enjoy working with a variety of adorable children, delivering magic and fun.
RECEPTIONIST JOB DUTIES:
- Greet all customers in a friendly manner immediately upon arrival while maintaining a high degree of professionalism in all communication with other employees and customers
- Operate the POS and all of its functions
- Maintain ongoing communication with the salon staff to ensure the correct routing of customers and the correct services are performed
- Answer phones in a friendly and efficient manner and handle customer inquiries, comments and complaints in a professional and courteous manner
- Perform salon assistant tasks such as shampooing clients, doing laundry and cleaning salon supplies
WHAT STYLISTS-IN-TRAINING GET:
- Ongoing technical training and development opportunities
- Convenient schedule with a salon that closes at 6 p.m. on weekdays, 7 p.m. on Wednesdays, and by 5 p.m. on weekends
- A clean and safe environment: Enhanced cleaning measures that go above and beyond board and licensing requirements, full PPE provided and an online check-in system to promote social distancing
- A team of long-time and expert stylists willing to teach technical, customer service and bonding with children skills
- A fantastic culture in which you can learn how to work in your chosen profession and excel at your career.
WHAT WE REQUIRE OF OUR RECEPTIONISTS:
- A professional image, appearance and positive attitude
- A commitment to working some weekends with the ability to stand for long periods of time
- An enthusiastic, patient and outgoing personality
- A love of children and desire to make these little ones (and parents) feel special
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- A willingness to proactively recommend and sell products and add-ons
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and the ability to maintain composure during hectic circumstances
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work well in a team environment
- To maintain a high degree of professionalism in all communication with other employees and customers
- Authorization to work in the United States
Location Information: 1966 Jericho Turnpike, East Northport, NY 11731
If this sounds like a great opportunity, then we can’t wait to meet you. Apply today!