Overview of the Position
The perfect job for students!
Snip-its Haircuts for Kids is a unique family-friendly salon that combines specially trained stylists specializing in children’s hair care in a unique and entertaining environment. The Snip-its Receptionist role is critical to the day-to-day success of salon operations. The Receptionist acts as an orchestra leader, conducting musicians (i.e. stylists). He or she can either lead them in harmony or lose them in discord. The Receptionist is the first and last person a customer sees at Snip-its, so it is important that he or she sets the tone for a positive customer experience and a lasting positive memory. The Receptionist is responsible for managing all front desk operations, including answering phones, checking customers in and out, managing wait times, and making retail sales.
In managing the front desk at a Snip-its salon, the Receptionist must undertake responsibilities including the following:
- Operate the Point-of-Sale (POS) and all of its functions.
- Perform salon opening and closing procedures, including cash management.
- Greet all customers in a friendly manner immediately upon arrival at the salon.
- Interact with both parent and child during check-in, wait, and check-out.
- Perform customer check-in and check-out, and manage wait times.
- Upon check-in, deliver SAC card to the child and explain its use. Upon check-out deliver Magic Box prize.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the salon staff to ensure the correct routing of customers and the correct services are performed.
- Answer phones in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Assist customers in retail selection and purchases.
- Maintain cleanliness and order of all retail displays.
- Promote marketing initiatives, as directed by the franchisee and/or salon manager.
- Complete paperwork, as directed by the franchisee and/or salon manager.
- Handle customer inquiries, comments, and complaints in a professional and courteous manner.
- Manage birthday party bookings.
- Manage employee schedule and time clock in the POS, including lunch breaks.
- Maintain cleanliness and overall order of the reception desk and waiting area.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism in all communication with other employees, customers, and franchisees.
- Assist franchisee and/or salon manager in maintaining supply levels for all front desk items.
- Assist franchisee and/or salon manager in maintaining inventory levels and retail displays.
Skills and Additional Requirements
A Snip-its receptionist must have excellent communication and customer service skills, be outgoing and friendly, and organized. He or she must portray a professional image, appearance, positive attitude, and team spirit. He or she must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task, and it is very important to have the ability to maintain composure during stressful circumstances. The Receptionist must learn and be proficient in the use of the Zenoti POS system.